Jhunjhunu is located on the heart of Shekhawati region, At present time it is a district headquarter and also known as one of the most developed district of entire Rajasthan. Jhunjhunu is the land of brave soldiers, farmers and of course the Birlas, Modis, Piramals and many other business houses. In the past, Jhunjhunu was the center of Shekhawat Rajput power. Maharao Shardul Singh Ji conquered Jhunjhunu in 1730. Later on his estate was equally divided among his five sons, popularly known as Panchpana. Maharao Shardul Singh built many buildings, temples, Step wells during his lifetime. The Sons of Maharao Shardul Singh were also ardent art lovers and they have continued the legacy by building many castles, forts, cenotaphs and mansions (havelis) in their thikanas and villages of their estate. After Rajput rulers the community who contributed most in beautification of the Shekhawati region is the Marwaris, this trader community have made many mansions (Havelis), Rest Houses (Dharamshalas), Step wells (Bawris) and temples.
Haveli, Modi Haveli is in parts opposite each other. The painting shows some modern trappings with a lady sitting in front of a gramophone while the other shows some soldiers on horses escorting a train. Kaniram Narsinghdas Tibrewal Haveli shows a goods train laden with livestock crossing a passenger train. Narudin Farooqi Haveli has only floral motifs in Muslim style in dominant blue colour. Mohanlal Ishwardas Haveli, has paintings showing the legend of Krishna stealing the clothes of gopis.
Jhunjhunu is said that it was ruled over by the Chauhan Dynasty in the Vikram era 1045. In the year 1450 Mohammed Khan Qaimkhani & his son Samas Khan defeated the Chauhans and conquered Jhunjhunu. Mohammed Khan was the first Nawab of Jhunjhunu. His son Samas Khan ascended to the throne in the year 1459. Samas Khan founded the village Samaspur and thus Samas Talab was constructed. Rohilla Khan was the last Nawab of Jhunjhunu. The Nawabs ruled over Jhunjhunu for 280 years.Later grandson of last Nawab Shahadat Ali Khan got joined British Army, got victoria cross and title of Raja, he was buried in Dhamlawas village of Rewari, this village was established by him. Raja Faiz Ali Qaeimkhani and his brother Zaildar Raja Mumtaz Ali Khan migrated to Pakistan in 1947 and settled in Tehsil Renala Khurd Disst Okara, Punjab, Pakistan.