Talab-E-Shahi is situated five kilometres from Bari town, on the bank of a beautiful lake. Nearby Talab e shahi The Khanpur Mahal is situated, Khanpur Mahal was a pavilioned palace built for Shah Jahan but never occupied. At present this building is headquarters of Bari area RAC
Dholpur was famous for its natural beauty, dense forests and ample games that attracted the royal princes regularly visiting this region during Mughal period. According to “Humayunnama” Babar once took all his wives and consorts to Dholpur on the death of his son Anwar Mirza for a change. Not only that, the beauty of Dholpur fascinated Akbar so much that he constructed the palaces at Khanpur on the banks of Talab-shahi near Bari. The lake and the palace were built in 1617 A.D. as a shooting lodge for Prince Shah Jahan. The palace and the lake were later maintained by the ruler of Dholpur. The lake has various species of fishes and snakes. Water birds like ibis, white breasted water hen, moor-hen, stilt, river tern, ringed plover, sand piper and herons (grey, and purple) are quite common. During winter months, migratory ducks and geese also visit the lake in good numbers. The lake is very picturesque and supports rich aquatic life including fresh water crocodiles. A four-wheel vehicle is necessary if one intends to visit Ramsagar area and the lake.
The Mughal Garden were first established by Babar in 1527. It was discovered in the late 1970s. There are still signs of the intricate planning that went into these famed gardens. Mach Kund, a lake surrounded by over a hundred temples, lies one km away and only comes to life once a year for a pilgrimage. Surrounding areas like Bari, Damoh waterfall near Sarmathura, Talab-e-Shahi lake and Kanpur Mahal, Van Vihar Wildlife Sanctuary and Ram Sagar Sanctuary offer interesting excursions. One of India’s most amazing temples, Ekottaso Mahadeva Mandir in Dholpur, is built like a huge 200 foot wide chariot wheel with the main central shrine like the hub of a huge wheel that contains sixty-four smaller inward facing shrines on the surrounding circular courtyard.